Monday 9 August 2010

Let them eat cake!

This past Saturday Aboyne Complementary Health Studios had a stand at the Aboyne Highland Games



and I made cakes, lots and lots of cakes!

But they weren't just any old cakes they were the amazingly almost surprisingly delicious gluten & dairy free cakes from Harry Eastwood's book "Red Velvet & Chocolate Heartache"
They are made with Rice Flour, almonds and vegetables such as butternut squash and courgettes and I swear you cannot taste the difference and they are still yummy today - 3 days later :)

Anyway I now supply them to 2 cafes in Aberdeenshire - The Brown Sugar Cafe in Ballater and Cairn Gourmet in Banchory. I think that it must be so hard for someone with a gluten and dairy intolerance or celiac disease to go out for a coffee and cake with their friends that I am on a mission to make sure that there are plenty of places that supply good quality gluten and dairy free products; not the things that they pass off as cakes and biscuits that taste like rubber and that are quite obviously free from everything! It also gives me places to recommend to my clients.

I have decided also to try and sell them on-line to people having birthday parties, weddings and WI meetings.  On Games day I put them in these beautiful boxes:



They make a great gift for someone. I used soya butter in the icing so they can be frozen and still be dairy free. They freeze beautifully and the joy is because they are a cupcake they defrost in no time at all so perfect for those unexpected visitors and one is just the right amount. 

I cannot recommend Harry's book enough but if you don't have the time to make themselves why not order them from me? tara@achstudios.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment